Friday, October 21, 2011

"AN ORIGINOEL FUTURE" Self Promo Project




This was a self promotion project for my Creative Ideation class.  We had to find a pattern breaking way (as in not a business card) to promote ourselves.  I wanted to promote myself as a "Futurist," and so I had to come up with a way to show people the future.  I designed a clock where technology gets more and more advanced along with time.   Starting in the year 2011 at the 1 o'clock position, with plain boring clock face, things progressively get more and more advanced as time goes on, progressing to the gears of current automatic watches around 2040 (4 o'clock), to mechanized swingarm business around 2300 (8 o'clock), all the way to a laser powered crystal focused "infinite" future at the 12 o'clock position.  My name and website are on the hands of the clock, which along with the printed face, I set into a real working clock.  In concept, I am "pointing you to the future." ;)

3 comments: