Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Final Screen Print for a Santa Monica College class. 3 burns

This was my final print for a screen printing class at SMC.  I first sketched a full size illustration of the tiger.  I then overlayed the drawing with frosted mylar  and painted what would be each burn with black acrylic, and then burned each piece of painted mylar to different screens.  Finally, I mixed three colors for each layer.  I made 7 prints and 1 shirt.

                                                                                                    

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What an amazing project! I have this colleague who loves tigers so much that she would collect tiger printed jeans, shirts, and even stuffed toys! I’m sure she will definitely love this. Would you mind sharing the step by step photos?

    Hoa Bracken

    ReplyDelete